REACH (Regulation EC 1907/2006) & The Latest SVHC Updates
What is REACH (Regulation EC 1907/2006)?
REACH (Regulation EC 1907/2006) is an EU regulation restricting chemicals, heavy metals and pollutants in all products. Products that contain excessive amounts of restricted substances, such as lead or AZO dyes, are illegal to import and sell within the single market.
Which products are covered?
Apparel and textiles
Watches and accessories
Home and Furniture
What does REACH (Regulation EC 1907/2006) compliance mean?
Compliant = Product does not contain substances in amounts above the set limits.
Non-compliant = Product contains substances in amounts above the set limits
Examples of regulated substances
(And thousands of other SVHC)
*SVHC = Substance Of Very High Concern, this is essentially a list of substances that are restricted or banned. New SVHC’s are added on a yearly basis.
Latest SVHC added:
On 19th January 2021, two new Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) were added to the REACH Regulation Candidate List, raising the number of SVHCs from 209 to 211. These substances are:
1) Bis(2-(2-methoxyethoxy)ethyl)ether (monoglyme) (CAS: 143-24-8), is primarily used as a solvent in:
- Lithium ion batteries
- Electronics etching (solder paste & printed circuit boards)
2) Dioctyltin dilaurate, stannane, dioctyl-, bis(coco acyloxy) derivs., and any other stannane, dioctyl-, bis(fatty acyloxy) derivs. wherein C12 is the predominant carbon number of the fatty acyloxy moiety, are used primarily as:
- Stabilizers in formulated plastic resins (e.g., in polymers, plastics)
- Process regulators (e.g., in manufacturing leather, wood, paper, inks & toners, etc.)
Full list of SVHC: https://echa.europa.eu/candidate-list-table
Laboratory Testing Process (REACH SVHC Test)
Verifies if the product/material is REACH compliant
The testing company knows which substances to include in the test (Based on material)
The test report is used as proof of compliance
Lab testing is not mandatory but highly recommended
About us and how we can help you
Our products have been tested and are REACH compliant meeting the latest standards within the power supply industry. We have a wide range of products such as:
Suitable for all industry types, including:
If you require more information regarding REACH (Regulation EC 1907/2006), or need help with finding the right power supply for your project. Please do not hesitate to contact us.